Thank you Loreva @ La Book Dreamer for tagging me : ) This tag was created by Tiffany @ About to Read and I’ve seen it being done by a couple of booktubers I watch and it looked fun so I’m really excited to do it 😀
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I usually just read whatever I’m in the mood to. Or if a book I’ve been waiting for finally gets released then I’m definitely reading it next 😉
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
Depends. If it’s a short book then I’ll finish it because I’ll probably still be curious to know the ending. But if it’s a huge book that it’s boring the hell out of be or I just hate it, then I’ll quit.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
Thankfully I finished my Goodreads Challenge in November haha. But if I hadn’t then I would try to read as many books as possible during the winter break, preferably short books that I know I’ll like.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
This actually bothers me so much sometimes… I always try to buy the same covers, unless it really doesn’t exist and in that case there’s nothing I would be able to do about it… But for example, none of my Hush Hush saga books match. They’re all different sizes, Crescendo and Finale‘s covers are kinda metallic unlike my Hush Hush cover and Silence is in hardcover. This happened because I bought them as soon as the english version of each book was released at my bookstore. But it’s kinda funny because they make a ladder hahaha XD
5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
With one of my friends in Instagram usually : ) This actually happened to me when I posted my opinion about Eleanor & Park.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
If I know the book is gonna make me cry at some point because I’ve been warned then I won’t read it in public. But if it takes me by surprise and a scene starts to get intense then I’ll close the book and wait until I’m in my room to read it. But I don’t usually read books in public, I don’t like to read with many people around me because then I get distracted.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!
If it was a book I really enjoyed then I’ll definitely reread it! But if not I’ll probably just read the sequel and hope that I still can understand it.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I politely tell them I simply can’t lend them my books because I just don’t like doing it. My friends who read know this and they just don’t ask, also because they’re kinda like me.
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I won’t force myself to read and just take a break and watch tv shows instead : ) And when I feel like I might be getting out of it I’ll start by either rereading one of my favourite books 🙂
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
All of them of course! Just maybe not all at the same time if they’re too many. That would be very expensive.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
If I’m really excited to read them then I’ll dive right into them. But if not then a bit haha.
And that’s it!