An amazing account I follow on Instagram, lannistersbooks, tagged me to do the Unpopular Opinions Book Tag (a long time ago oops) and I thought it would be a great idea to do it here as well 😀 So let’s get on with it then!
1. A popular book or series that you didn’t like.
I feel like I’ve said this many times already, Eleanor & Park. It made me cringe the whole time, it was just way too racist for me.
2. A popular book or series that everyone seems to hate but you love.
Fifty Shades of Grey is one of the most controversial book series out there and many people hate it, but I actually enjoyed it. Ana is probably the most annoying and weak lead female character ever (I liked her better in the movie) but I loved Christian Grey. He’s a tortured soul and I just have a thing for those. I found him very interesting and loved reading Grey from his POV.
3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did not want to end up with.
This has actually never happened to me haha 😀
4. A popular book genre that you hardly reach for.
I don’t read much Contemporary novels. I’ve read a few but I much prefer to read Fantasy or Dystopian : )
5. A popular or beloved character that you did not like.
I did not like Rafe in The Heart of Betrayal. I just found him boring. And I REALLY hope Lia doesn’t end up with him! Kaden is much more interesting! Like Rafe,
(Sorry if you like Rafe.)
6. A popular author that you don’t seem to get into.
Rainbow Rowell. After reading Eleanor & Park where she showed that she had little interest in actually researching about the Asian American community she was writing about I just don’t understand everyone’s obsession with her. I will however give Fangirl a try… some day… maybe.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing.
Freaking !!! love !!! triangles !!!
8. A Popular Series that you have no interesting in reading.
Now this is gonna be a very unpopular opinion, please don’t kill me. The Harry Potter series. I actually tried watching one of the movies some years ago but I didn’t like it so I don’t know if I’ll them. It’s just not my thing. I wish I had read them when I was a kid though…
9. The saying is “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or TV show adaptation do you prefer rather than the book?
The 100! It’s one of my favourite tv shows but I rated the first 2 books with 3.5 stars and the last one with 4 stars. And I would seriously rate the tv show with a gazillion stars!!
WE’RE BACK BITCHEEEEEEES!!!!
I tag everyone who wants to do this 😀